PAC Acceptable Use Policy
With the exception of information specifically authored by or on behalf of Pembroke Advanced Communications and its family of companies, Pembroke Advanced Communications does not develop or publish, nor does Pembroke Advanced Communications review, censor, or edit the materials and information accessible via Pembroke Advanced Communications or other providers.
The persons and organizations, including Pembroke Advanced Communications customers, that publish materials and information accessible via Pembroke Advanced Communications services ("Services") are solely responsible for the content of such materials and information and are solely responsible to know and comply with all laws applicable to the publication of such materials and information. Pembroke Advanced Communications does not accept responsibility for the content of the materials and information published by persons or organizations with access to Pembroke Advanced Communications and does not accept responsibility for the violation of any laws resulting from such publication.
If persons or organizations accessing the Internet via Pembroke Advanced Communications or another provider are offended by materials and information found on or received via the Internet, it is the persons' or organizations' responsibility to avoid or delete whatever is found to be offensive. Persons or organizations distributing information over the Internet via Pembroke Advanced Communications are responsible for statements made in email, chat or discussion forums, and news groups and for information presented in web sites.
It is the responsibility of all Pembroke Advanced Communications customers and their constituents who have access to Pembroke Advanced Communications and other providers to comply with the Pembroke Advanced Communications Acceptable Use Policy and the acceptable use policies governing other networks. The following guidelines constitute the Pembroke Advanced Communications Acceptable Use Policy. It is the responsibility of all customers and others who have access to Pembroke Advanced Communications to:
- Agree that if Pembroke Advanced Communications terminates your access account as a result of your violation of this agreement or Pembroke Advanced Communications' online policies, you forfeit any right to a refund or any prepaid account charges, such forfeiture being agreed to by you and Pembroke Advanced Communications as liquidated damages and not as a penalty. You further agree that Pembroke Advanced Communications is under no obligation to forward any email for an account canceled due to a violation. Pembroke Advanced Communications reserves the right to refuse the application or reapplication of anyone whose account has been canceled for a violation or anyone whom Pembroke Advanced Communications suspects is acting on behalf of someone whose account has been canceled for a violation. Pembroke Advanced Communications reserves the right to cancel or suspend all other accounts belonging to you if one of your accounts was involved in a violation.
- Use the Services and facilities in a manner which does not violate any laws or regulations.
- Respect the privacy of other users, and to not intentionally seek information on, obtain copies of or modify files, other data, or passwords belonging to other users without permission.
- Restrict access to authorized customers and their constituents.
- Respect the legal protection provided by copyright, trademark, licenses, and other laws to programs, data, and documents.
- Minimize unauthenticated or anonymous access accounts and the transmission or distribution of messages or articles from those accounts.
- Use the Services and facilities in a manner that does not interfere with or disrupt any network users, services, or equipment. Such interference or disruption includes but is not limited to the following:
- Illegal use. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that, intentionally or unintentionally, violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any rules or regulations promulgated there under is prohibited.
- Interference with computer networking or telecommunications service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, denial of service attacks, flooding of a network, overloading a service, improper seizing and abusing operator privileges, and attempts to “crash” a host.
- Accessing and using the service with anything other than a dynamic internet protocol (IP) address that adheres to the dynamic host configuration protocol (DHCP). You may not configure the service or any related equipment to access or use a static IP address or use any protocol other than DHCP unless permitted to do so by PAC.
- Harm to minors. Using the Services to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way is prohibited.
- Threats. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property is prohibited.
- Harassment. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that harasses another is prohibited. A customer may not solicit mail for any other address other than that of the customer's Pembroke Advanced Communications account or service, with the intent to harass or collect replies after Pembroke Advanced Communications service has been terminated.
- Fraudulent activity. Using the Services to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services or to advance any type of financial scam, including but not limited to "pyramid schemes," "Ponzi schemes," and “chain letters" is prohibited.
- Forgery or impersonation. Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation.
- Customers may not send email to any person who does not wish to receive it. If a recipient asks to stop receiving email, the customer must not send that person any further email.
- Customers are explicitly prohibited from sending unsolicited bulk mail messages ("junk mail" or "spam"). This includes, but is not limited to, bulk mailing of commercial advertising, informational announcements, and political tracts. Such material may only be sent to those who have explicitly requested it. Pembroke Advanced Communications reserves the right to charge a "cleanup charge". This charge is on a case by case basis. Please call us at (912)-653-4000 with any questions on this charge.
- Malicious email, including but not limited to "mail-bombing" (flooding a user or site with very large or numerous pieces of email), is prohibited.
- Pembroke Advanced Communications accounts or services may not be used to collect replies to messages sent from another Internet Service Provider, where those messages violate this Acceptable Use Policy or the Acceptable use Policy of that provider.
- These rules apply to other types of Internet-based distribution mediums as well, such as sending Fax-like documents over the Internet.
Customers are prohibited from propagating computer worms or viruses, consuming excessive Pembroke Advanced Communications systems resources, and using the network to make unauthorized entry to other computational, information, or communications devices or resources. This includes unauthorized security probing activities or other attempts to evaluate the security integrity of a network or host a system without permission. Customers are prohibited from reselling Broadband Service or otherwise making it available to anyone outside the Premise of the User (for example, through Wi-Fi or other methods of networking), in whole or in part, directly or indirectly.
If a customer account is being used in the exchange of unauthorized copies of any type of copyrighted material (music, movies, television shows, or software), Pembroke Advanced Communications requests that you take action to stop the copyright infringement. Pembroke Advanced Communications receives notices from copyright holders, or their designated agents, stating a Pembroke Advanced Communications Internet subscriber has used or acquired copyrighted work(s) without authorization from the copyright holder. This is called a "Notice of Copyright Infringement."
Copyright infringement notices from copyright holders identify the name of the property (song, movie, television show, etc.) date and time of the alleged infringement, and an IP address (a unique address acquired by the broadband connection). The copyright holders utilize various computer tools to track the sharing of movies, music, and other media over the Internet. Pembroke Advanced Communications uses the IP address, date, and time to determine which customer is being accused of committing the copyright violation. When the account is identified, Pembroke Advanced Communications considers that customer the source of the infringement even in the case of a breach of the customer's network such as viruses or unknown use of a customer's wireless router.
Once identified, Pembroke Advanced Communications then communicates the complaint to the customer being accused. However, Pembroke Advanced Communications does not monitor what our customers are downloading and will not reveal a customer’s name or identity to the copyright holder unless required by subpoena or other court document. One exception to this is if the customer files copyright counter-notification disputing the claim. For more information regarding the counter-notification process, click here or refer to the counter-notification rules at www.copyright.gov.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT POLICY
Pembroke Advanced Communications, Inc. (PAC) respects the owners of copyrighted materials and their rights under federal law. We do not permit our service to be used to infringe copyrights. If one of our broadband subscribers is an infringer, we take actions to attempt to stop such conduct, including and up to terminating the service of a repeat infringer in appropriate circumstances.
PAC is registered under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). If, as a copyright owner, you believe that a PAC subscriber has used material that infringes an exclusive right you have with respect to such material, you or your authorized agent may file a Notice of Claimed Infringement with us. The Notice of Claimed Infringement must be sent to our designated agent:
Designated Agent: Charles Beckworth
Postal Address: PO Box 10 Pembroke GA 31321
Fax: 912 653 2929
Telephone Number: 912 653 4389
Notices must be in writing and must contain the following minimum elements required by the DMCA:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on your behalf as the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or a representative list if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, along with the infringing IP address, and time, date, and the time zone during which such allegedly infringing activity occurred, to permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, the copyright owner, or your authorized agent, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you or your authorized agent may be contacted.
- A statement that you or your authorized agent has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by you, your agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Upon receipt of a Notification of Copyright Infringement from a copyright owner that contains all required information, if we have sufficient information to identify the customer, we will notify the subscriber of the alleged infringement and remove or disable access to the material that is alleged to be infringing if hosted on our domain. No personal subscriber information is shared with the copyright owner unless required by law.
ENFORCEMENT AND VIOLATIONS
Each Pembroke Advanced Communications customer shall be responsible to distribute, publicize, and enforce the Pembroke Advanced Communications Acceptable Use Policy at their locations among all Pembroke Advanced Communications users. Even though Pembroke Advanced Communications does not review, censor, or edit the materials and information accessible via Pembroke Telephone or other networks which may be accessed via Pembroke Advanced Communications, if Pembroke Advanced Communications becomes aware that a customer or constituent is in violation of the law or this Acceptable Use Policy, Pembroke Advanced Communications reserves the right to impose disciplinary action up to and including discontinuing Pembroke Advanced Communications access and forfeiting all payments made to that date. Evidence of illegal or prohibited activities may be disclosed to law enforcement authorities. Pembroke Advanced Communications reserves the right to assign charges or fees to customers who violate part or all of this policy. Pembroke Advanced Communications can use a three step guideline to policy violators:
- I understand that I may cancel my account at any time effective upon request.
- I understand that Pembroke Advanced Communications may change its prices on occasion, and that I will be given a 15 day written or electronic mail notice beforehand.
- I understand that unlimited access broadband accounts are not limited in their hours, but the connection may be interrupted by Pembroke Advanced Communications at its discretion.
- I understand that Pembroke Advanced Communications cannot guarantee that I connect at my connection's maximum speed due to the condition (latency, signal loss, or distance) of transport between myself and Pembroke Advanced Communications network.
- I agree to keep my password as private and confidential information.
- I understand that the information available through Pembroke Advanced Communications or interconnecting networks may not be accurate, or may be intended for adult audiences.
- I understand that most Internet communications are not secure, and may be subject to interception or loss. I agree that Pembroke Advanced Communications has no liability for any breach of private information that may occur while using Pembroke Advanced Communications' services.
- I understand that the use of my Pembroke Advanced Communications account, and any data or information accessed using that account will be completely at my own risk.
- I agree that Pembroke Advanced Communications shall have no liability for the services, data or information made available to me, including any liability for any consequential, indirect, special or incidental damages regardless of the success or effectiveness of other remedies.
- I understand that Pembroke Advanced Communications reserves the right to terminate my account at any time, for any reason, including, but not limited to, my failure to abide by the terms of this agreement or my failure to pay any charges when due.
- I understand that Pembroke Advanced Communications monitors for network activity that it feels abuses the Internet and/or Pembroke Advanced Communications systems and services and may take action it deems appropriate, including but not limited to blocking vulnerable network ports, filtering known malicious hosts/networks, and filtering of unsolicited commercial e-mail (SPAM), to protect those systems and services. Pembroke Advanced Communications is NOT liable for any loss due to this policy.
- I understand that Pembroke Advanced Communications reserves the right to modify this policy at any time. A current copy of this policy is available upon request from Pembroke Advanced Communications.
Information and/or questions related to the Pembroke Advanced Communications Acceptable Use Policy should be addressed to:
Mary Anna Hite
PO Box 68 Pembroke, GA 31321
Adopted by Pembroke Telephone May 22, 1998
Updated: August 30, 2016